Thursday, June 17, 2010

Desperate People Do Desperate Things!











Anne flew to Seattle to spend a week with her daughter and I brought the motor home back to the Irish Hills of Southern Michigan to spend a week of bachelor camping in a pleasant RV park we had found. Poor planning. Did anyone think to check the cell phone signal strength? What signal, that's right, no signal! When you go to the state that is 50 out of 50 in the worst economy you shouldn't expect Verizon to care where there is cellular service when they have no clients! For the past four days I haven't had cell service so I haven't had Internet service. This morning I put the lap top in the Jeep so I could try and catch up at McDonald's with their free WI-FI. Then it occurred to me, my brother (whom I am constantly bugging to take me fishing!) has cable TV with phone and Internet service and he has a wireless router so he has a wireless hotspot! Voila! I checked it out using my Android and sure enough I can connect my phone and my computer to the Internet right here in Bill's yard! The Jeep battery is powering an inverter that converts DC to AC so we can power the laptop which converts AC to DC. I bet there are losses involved with all the transformations! The lake in the background is Wamplers Lake; this is where I grew up many years ago. The lake is about 800 odd acres but it seemed much larger when I was younger. There are lots of fish out there waiting for us to feed them. Maybe I'll post a picture of the big one that didn't get away if we can find it!

1 comment:

Prettypics123 said...

I will hand it to you on that one. Desperate people do do desperate things. I can account for that. Looks as though you are in a beautiful setting though. My husband and I are camp hosting in Morro Bay, California presently as part of an RV adventure. Come visit when you have a few minutes. The Camp Host Housewife http://acamphosthousewifesmeanderings.blogspot.com/